Sunday, February 28, 2016

Strong Words from Meg

I don't know Meg Whitman well, but I have met her a few times and have always been impressed.  So this statement from her, writing as former Finance Co-chair of the Chris Christie campaign, caught my eye:
"Chris Christie's endorsement of Donald Trump is an astonishing display of political opportunism. Donald Trump is unfit to be President. He is a dishonest demagogue who plays to our worst fears. Trump would take America on a dangerous journey. Christie knows all that and indicated as much many times publicly. The Governor is mistaken if he believes he can now count on my support, and I call on Christie's donors and supporters to reject the Governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter." - Meg Whitman